Unconscious Biases – From Awareness to ActionFree
About this course
Over 90% of our perception and decision-making processes take place unconsciously. For some decisions this is helpful, but for others this automatism leads to unconscious bias.
Unconscious biases are stumbling blocks to diversity in a company, for example, when talents with different backgrounds taken less into account during recruiting or are promoted too little.
The training aims to make managers aware of their unconscious biases, helps them to recognize their own prejudices and perception filters and to develop options for action for a more objective and conscious perception.
Note: This seminar is aimed exclusively at the managers of the TX Group. External registrations will not be considered.
- Understand what unconscious biases are.
- Learn about the impact of social identities and privileges.
- Get to know the typical biases and perception filters are in the world of work.
- Learn what influence unconscious biases have on decisions in the Employee Life Cycle.
- Define strategies to circumvent unconscious bias and work out how these strategies can be integrated into everyday working life.
- Consolidate the learning content with the help of practice-oriented exercises and self-reflection.
Topics and content
The topics are:
- Unconscious Bias / Privilege – terms and definition.
- Typical unconscious biases in the world of work
- Influence of Unconscious Bias on the decision making process
- Development of measures against unconscious bias
For all managers
- The costs for this seminar are covered by the People and Organization Development.
- Further costs (travel expenses, etc.) can be charged to your cost centre in accordance with the valid expense regulations.
- Please note that your registration is binding.
- In case of cancellation less than 4 weeks before the start of the seminar or in case of non-participation, CHF 250.- per workshop will automatically be charged to your cost centre without further inquiry.
- No charge will be made if a doctor’s certificate is presented. This must be sent to People and Organization Development (email@example.com) within 2 weeks without being requested.
If you have any further questions, the MissionX team is happy to help: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This seminar is aimed exlusively at the managers of the TX Group. External registrations will not be considered.