Automate Yourself with Google Apps ScriptFree
About this course
What if you could eliminate the boring and repetitive parts of your job and focus on more important things? With Google Apps script you can! Super charge your Google Sheets, GMail and similar to make yourself an office superstar!
Learn to power up your Google Suite of products using Apps Script to connect – automate – add advanced functionality.
What you’ll learn
Google App Script allows you to unlock the full power of GSuite Enterprise. In this course we’ll take you from zero programming knowledge to building complete applications. All that’s required is a basic understanding the GSuite applications such as Google Sheets.
- How to build powerful functions to super-charge your spreadsheets, beyond the basic Google Sheets functions
- How to send automated email
- How to publish web applications on top of your spreadsheet, so you can easily present and share data with colleagues such as this or this.
- How to build complete automated worksflows
- And much more…
Some more examples of things you can do with Google App Script include…
- Delete unwanted GMail Messages in bulk or find messages waiting for a reply
- Automatically convert a folder full of Excel spreadsheets to Google Sheets
- Extract texts from a folder of PDF files and copy them into a Google Doc files
- Use the Google Natural Language API to analyse documents and extract entities (e.g. people, and places) and sentiment (whether the text is happy or sad)
- The list could go on forever…
This is a remote course that will take 1 hour a week over 10 weeks, plus a little homework.
- The course will be run over Google Hangouts Meet
- Courses will be recorded and later published on the TX Group YouTube channel … please warn the instructor if you wish to remain anonymous
- Course content will be organised via Google Classroom.
Note if you miss a lesson, no panic. You’ll be able to catch up via the video on YouTube.
Every Wednesday starting 25th March 2020, at 4pm for 1 hour for 10 weeks (may be adjusted by Easter holidays)
Anyone that regularly creates or edits Google Docs, Slides or Sheets and could save time with automation.
Free! To register please fill in the form anyway below – wasn’t time to make a new one but you won’t be charged.
Register for this Course
Course run. Currently no plans for repeat
Our course begins with the first step for generating great user experiences: understanding what people do, think, say, and feel. In this module, you’ll learn how to keep an open mind while learning.